Whew! Charting our trip and noted that it’s about 53 miles to the island. That means that it will take us 10-11 hours to get there. We’ll have to leave around 6 in the morning to ensure that we get there with enough daylight to be able to get a mooring. I’d prefer to dock as close in as possible so that we won’t be riding 3′ swells all night long. We’ll take what we can get.
A quick trip to the marine store tomorrow afternoon to pick up a few things and then down to the boat. We’ll take some food with us and probably buy a few things when we get there.
The weather is supposed to be as boring as it always is – cool, sunny, nice. No rain or storms forecasted, but you never know. One day when we were out, we had a small squall (if you could call it that) blow up. The waves increased to about 4-6′ and the wind picked up to around 30-35 mph. It was great for sailing! We were hitting 6 knots with only the main sail up. The wife kept saying that we should let the jib go, but we haven’t had the mast tuned, so I didn’t want to stress anything.