In talking with Arch Man Jim earlier this week, we decided that it would be best to wait until next week for the installation. Besides the weather not cooperating, he wanted to weld in a strut to help brace the arch laterally. I gave him the go-ahead, and he just emailed a picture of the progress:
The arch is 1 3/4 inch and the strut is 1 inch. It looks like it could withstand quite a lot of weight and stress! No match for our 270 pounds worth of dinghy and outboard, and that is a good thing!
We’re shooting for Monday 12/28 for the installation, so let’s see how things go!